The banner, which was designed by Joachim Mauritsen, was made in the early 1940s for the Bjornson Male Chorus. The chorus was formed 1924 with the mission to preserve a Nordic heritage through music.
The front of this banner features a Viking figure holding a harp. Most of this figure was created using a chain stitch, but oil paint was used to create the skin areas. There are embroidered Norwegian and American flags on the valance.
The back of the banner is a deep blue, and features the chorus emblem that was designed by Amund Njust. The sewing and embroidery of the banner was done by the Bjornsone Ladies Auxiliary.
Dimensions: length, 60 inches; width, 36 inches