- Life Dates Born 1941, Fergus Falls, Minnesota
- Occupation Retired dairy farmer
- Residence at Time of Award Barrett, Minnesota
Gold Medal In: Knifemaking, 2010
- 2005 White ribbon for a Telemark-style bunad knife
- 2006 Red ribbon for a knife with birch burl handle and acanthus-carved sheath
- 2007 White ribbon for a knife with birch burl handle and acanthus-carved sheath
- 2008 White ribbon for a knife with birch burl and silver handle
- 2009 Red ribbon for a dress knife with silver and birch handle
- 2010 White ribbon for a modern-style knife with silver and birch handle
My interest in Norwegian knives started long ago when my neighbor received a Norwegian knife from his grandfather. His grandfather had gone to Norway and returned with knives for his grandsons.
On my first visit to Norway I purchased knives for my two sons, too. I didn’t buy one for myself but decided to make my own.
It’s been a very adventurous hobby for me.
Knifemaking is a big hobby in Norway. Making knives helps define my Norwegian roots.
Gene Tokheim has been a steady influence. Entering the National Exhibition of Folk Art in the Norwegian Tradition and taking classes at Vesterheim has also influenced my art form.