- Life Dates Born 1941, Duluth, Minnesota
- Occupation Physician
- Residence at Time of Award Duluth, Minnesota
Gold Medal In: Knifemaking, 2010
- 2008 Red ribbon for a working knife (tol knive)
- 2008 White ribbon for a knife with birch and silver handle
- 2009 Blue ribbon for a knife with birch and horn handle
- 2010 Blue ribbon for a knife with silver and birch handle
- 2010 Red ribbon for a knife with birch handle
How did you get involved in your field of Norwegian folk art?
I felt an intuitive pull in 1996 to try folk art at North House.
Does Norwegian folk art speak to your identity? In what way?
My heritage is Scandinavian and I always enjoyed folk art.
Who or what has influenced your art the most?
There are multiple instructors that have influenced me both at North House and at Vesterheim. I am grateful to Harley Refsal, Gene Tokheim, and Phil Odden to name a few.