- Life Dates Born 1938, Fergus Falls, Minnesota. Died 2012
- Occupation Retired nurse anesthetist
- Residence at Time of Award Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Gold Medal In: Rosemaling, 2007
- 1999 White ribbon for an ambar
- 2003 Red ribbon for a Telemark-style oval box (tine)
- 2004 White ribbon for a Telemark-style bowl
- 2005 White ribbon for a Telemark-style ambar
- 2006 Red ribbon for a Telemark-style two-handled bowl
- 2007 Red ribbon for a Telemark-style corner cupboard
I consider myself privileged to be part of an artist’s expression that not only reflects my family heritage, but is, in essence, joyful and decorative.
Since my father was an immigrant from Norway, as were my mother’s parents, I was aware of many things Norwegian from an early age. We had a small Hallingdal-design kubbestol in our home, which I admired. Along with my other studies, I took art classes in college. Not until years later, after launching a career, moving to California, marrying and having a son, did I realize how much I was interested in Norwegian rosemaling. Many Gold Medalists and also artists from Norway came to California and I took every class I could. In the years following, both as a stay-at-home mom and in the working world, I continued to pursue rosemaling. Teaching opportunities encouraged me to be creative on my own. I enjoy all the styles, but especially Telemark. Rosemaling, to me, is pure visual delight and doesn’t require deep introspection or a subtle psychological statement. Thank you Vesterheim for your guidance and inspiration.