- Date 1870-1900
- Place of Origin Tracy, MN
- Creator Mari Johnson Haugen
This log cabin quilt done is made of wool and silk. The blocks are arranged in the Sunshine and Shadow configuration, with red squares for their centers. The stripes used for the “logs” in the blocks are very narrow, giving the quilt a more refined and complex appearance. There is no batting, but the top is hand-quilted to the red wool backing.
- Materials Wool, silk, cotton
- Dimensions length: 78 inches; width: 71 inches
- Identifier / Source 1985.092.007 - Museum Purchase